Friday, July 27, 2007

The Piano Man

Yesterday evening, I quizzed Gary about his "performance". He wasn't very forthcoming with the play by play that I was hoping for. I asked, "Was it fun?" "Yea." "Were you nervous? "No." "Can you tell me anything exciting about it, Gary?" This, I wasn't expecting, but it doesn't surprise me! His eyes lit up and he bragged, "Yea, Mrs. Debbie (the piano teacher) picked me up from daycare and she drives a purple Dodge like Mr. Steve's (Debbie's husband) blue Dodge truck but it's not a truck. It has a backseat and it's an SUV. I didn't have to sit in a car seat and she even let me sit in the front and made the girl that is one year older than me sit in the back and Mrs. Debbie drives fast and it was fun!"

Before we went to bed last night, he did confide in me that he really likes playing the piano and that he's glad he's taking lessons. He also asked me to buy a keyboard and xylophone to go along with the piano and drum set that we already have, so we (Randy, Landon, Gary and I) can be a band! Ha!!! I'll let you know when we plan the CD release party!

2 comments:

Debbie Flowers said...

one correction--Mrs. Debbie ALMOST always drives the speed limit! It just seems fast because "time flies when you're having fun"!

Tasha said...

Can I have front row seats at your concerts?!