Thursday, July 26, 2007

I can't think of a title worthy of the hilarity of this story!

Gary and several of his fellow piano students played for the senior adults at church this morning during their monthly meeting. They did great and all went well. Bro. Scotty (our music minister) looked out for Gary at lunch. Below is the response I got after I emailed him a small thank you.

"I went through the dinner line with him holding his plate and me going to load it up. As we passed each dish, I would ask “do you like ______” , and he would reply with “no" or shake his head from left to right. Finally, as we approached the butter… he said “YES”. As we walked toward the tables (my plate loaded up) with his plate in hand with a fork and one small tub of butter, I asked him if he would like a roll to eat. He nodded up and down. Gary wound up eating one small portion of butter and FOUR ROLLS, and drank about a thimble full of sweet tea. Yes, he is a picky eater. However I enjoyed him. He was a pleasure to sit with.
May God use this little boy for HIS honor…

Thanks for sharing him with the senior adults, they really enjoyed him.

Sincerely, Scotty"

2 comments:

Beth said...

I always plan for hot dogs or peanut butter and NO jelly sandwiches when I know Gary is coming to visit!!! I am ALWAYS safe serving him those two entres! LOL

Haley said...

cookie cake is always a "yes" with Gary too!