Thursday, July 19, 2007

Back it up!

If you're reading this post, you're at least semi-computer literate and there's a good chance you have precious photos stored on your computer. If you keep up with Lora's blog, you may have already read that her house was broken into this week while she's in Italy. Of most important things, they took her computer. In all of her artsy-ness, she's also a photographer with photos stored, guess where? Her computer! I HATE that someone had the audacity to intrude upon her space and take her things. But, it opened my eyes! I do worry about lightning striking my 'puter or the kids spilling drinks on it, but in the grand scheme, my photos could probably be recovered from some accident like that. If my hard drive were GONE, though, so would be any chance of recovering my precious memories. So here's your techie tidbit: back up your hard drive and keep it in a safe place! You never know where or when the next bandit may strike! Also, please pray that they find Lora's 'puter before her hard drive is destroyed.

3 comments:

Haley said...

I have been thinking about this lately. Every picture taken in the last 2 years are on my computer, and I can't remember the last time it was backed up. I am gonna do that ASAP. Thanks!

Beth said...

I think about it all the time as well!! Thanks for the push to get me going on it!!

Anonymous said...

I AM SO SORRY ABOUT lORA`S COMPUTER BEING STOLEN. DON`T YOU JUST HATE RATS THAT DO THINGS LIKE THAT.
GAMMY..