Monday, June 2, 2008

Flower Power

This spring was my first attempt to tame the wild beast of an overgrown lily bed at the back porch. I pulled out about 100 bulbs and various over-grown plants and planted a few new things to add some color and stability (along with a fence to deter the dog...he's since laid on it and added his own touch of character) Not bad for "Assorted 3 gal. shrubs, $5" from Ellis Pottery. When I bought them a month ago, they were just a bucket of compacted green leaves!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie - Don't you just love those big mophead blooms!! You do have a green thumb! Those look gorgeous and are some of my favorites. Thanks for letting us see your yard in progress!

Sandra

Beth said...

You go girl!!

Donna Kay said...

Annie - those are gorgeous!! Wow - you did really good!! Will you come do that to my house!! I can grow anything.
Thank you so much for all you have done for me that last couple of days - this birthday has lasted forever!! I really appreciated it and you made me feel very special. Hope I'm around for your 50th!!

Amanda said...

Can I have those bulbs you dug up? HE he ha aha he!

The Wilsons said...

You're welcome to come "re"-dig them out of the ditch! lol

Donna Kay said...

Happy, Happy Birthday - dear Annie!! I am so honored to have met you, work with you and most of all to be your friend!!!
Bless...
Donna

Judy said...

I am a little late commenting but I just wanted you to know that I'm impressed with what you have done with your flowers. Beautiful!!
Judy