Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Long weekend

I hope you enjoyed your long Memorial Day weekend as much as we did :-) Here's our re-cap: Friday evening-Gary's end of the year piano "thing" (Don't freak out. You didn't miss a recital, it was just for her students...See Cross Music Studio blog for a cute pic of Gary showing his stuff for a group of middle schoolers). Friday Night- boys spent the night with great grandparents and Randy and I went to Texas Street Tavern (Yummm!!! We rarely EVER get a night without them, so it was much enjoyed!) Saturday-Randy and I "stole" a room of carpet and took it to the carpet-binder to be cut and bound into a rug (Randy wasn't as excited about this as I was/am!), spent the afternoon at M&P's and I still think we missed a birthday party Saturday evening but I couldn't find an invitation...(Sorry if it was yours!) Sunday a.m.-church, p.m.-church, in between services, Randy napped in his red chair for 4 hours and the kids put the sprinkler under the trampoline (kept them entertained for hours and watered my "grass"). Monday-mom and I took the boys to the Gator Park in Natchitoches. We got home about 4:30 to find Randy cleaning out the garage. Landon jumped out of the car, threw his arms out, and screamed, "Who did all dis mess?!" Kids wound up back on the trampoline (Good thing Randy & Gary put a new drain in our backyard b/c the sprinkler flooded it this time!) Gary started screaming, I ran to check and found Landon naked, bouncing..up down up down up down..."Landon, why did you take you shorts off?" "Because I wanted to!". Redress him, back to Randy's garage catastrophe. An hour later, same thing with Landon, redress, back to the garage. I went to Gammy's for a few minutes and came home to Gary in the street with a six-foot water moccasin! They had found it in the street and Randy chopped his head but he was still doing that twitching thing. Makes my skin crawl to even think about it!! Landon was as excited as Gary and Colton. He took off running up the driveway and returned with his rubber snake, squealing to make sure we were all scared. (This would be the same rubber snake that greeted me under my feet on my way to work this morning! Donna, you would have wrecked and taken out 10 cars on the interstate in process!)...enough with the snakes! We visited with the neighbors a bit more and laughed about Landon climbing on Gary new 4-wheeler and putting Gary's old helmet on. That is, we laughed until Landon cranked the bike! Dropped conversation with neighbor like a bad habit, took the key from Landon and went inside to fix supper. Came back outside and found Landon, naked AGAIN, this time in the front yard standing on top of his 4-wheeler screaming "pecker pecker pecker pecker...." re-dress for the umpteenth time today. Back to dinner...finally ate at 8:45, bathed the kids and they and I laid down about 9:30...Randy and Shawn were still cleaning OUT the garage and had no sight on moving things back IN. I don't know how much of my very important stuff that I haven't seen in a year that they took to the dump, but this morning my car was in the garage and everything was in a designated spot with LOTS of extra room. Good job guys! Today, it's hard to get much work done as my brain is resting from all the "stimulation" it received this weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paw says you can take Landon out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of Landon!

The Wilsons said...

That reminds me, during the whole snake thing, Landon snuck over to the neighbor's dinner table and announced that he "jumped on the tamporine butt nekkid!". He's a work in progress....

Donna Kay said...

OMG....OMG.....OMG....OMG....OMG...
It's going to be just to go get in MY car...and I am NEVER, NEVER riding in yours!!!!
I LOVE Landon - you know, naming him that might have been your first mistake, he is a WHOLE LOT like another Landon I know!!!!!! A WHOLE Lot!!!!
Thanks for the flame shaped bulb idea - I even have some - see, I need help!!!!

Beth said...

Whew! I am tired thinking about it!! Sounds about like my weekend, or I take that back, just a normal day around here! And seems like about the only word that comes out of my kids mouths these days is PECKER PECKER PECKER so thanks for making me feel better about my 3 boys!!HAHAHAHA