Saturday, May 10, 2008

Curbside...at your service

Yesterday, Gary and I went to Six Flags as his reward for getting to the 100 point club (Accelerated Reader-read, test, and pass 200 books at school). I was running around at 7 in the morning making sure I didn't forget anything and told him to wait in the car. I finally gathered everything, headed out the front door (since Gary had already opened the garage door). THere was the car, backed up to the front door, running, with the GPS mounted on the front dash and set on Six Flags. I ran to thank Randy for backing out the car for me. He was in the bed and could only muster a faint "I didn't do it." Okay, so we must have acquired a ghost who was a valet parker in his former life b/c it was backed up perfectly! I went on to the car where I found Gary in the back seat grinning like a cheshire cat!
"Gary, who backed the car out?"
"I did :-) "
"Who gave you permission?"
"Noone."
"How did you know what to do?"
"Duh...I've been driving four wheelers for years AND I know how to drive the Prowler. It has Forward, Reverse, Park and Neutral just like your car AND a brake and gas pedal, AND the same steering wheel! I knew EXACTLY how to do it!"
"So how did you back out of the garage without hitting the truck?"
"Uugghhhh, Mom, I used the rear view mirror!"
"Well how did you get it turned around?"
(He's pretty disgusted with my questions by now) "MOM! I backed straight out of the garage, then turned and drove down to the bridge then put it in reverse and backed up to the door from there. Don't you know how to back your own car out?"
"Well how did you not hit the wagon or the steps?"
"I used the side mirrors, I'm not stupid!!" "
You did a good job, but you're NEVER allowed to drive my car again!!!!!"
"Okay. Can we go to Six Flags now?"

My plans were for him to at least get out of daycare before this "driving thing" started!! I guess that's what I get for trying to plan!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you get worry about how Landon is going to top that. It may take years, we hope, but Landon will eventually have to one up Gary. It should be a show stopper!

Mom

Haley said...

Oh My! You handled that much better than I would have!! At least he is a responsible driver. :) Happy Mother's Day!!

Amanda said...

O.K...so you can never jokingly say go the store and get some bread cause HE JUST MIGHT DRIVE THERE AND GET IT!

Amanda said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Donna Kay said...

OMG - OMG - OMG - I have just played the whole video of this in my mind!!
I can't stop laughing!!!!!
You think my Kelsi stories are good - and your Mom is soooo right - Landon will have to top that one!! Never, never tell that story around Landon!!!!!
....still laughing!!!!

Beth said...

NEVER!!!! I repeat, NEVER, tell this storey around Matthew please!!!!