Friday, June 22, 2007

The conversation went like this...

Set up: I couldn't pull into the garage this evening because of a certain obstruction that wasn't there when we left for work this morning. Gary met me in the driveway with that look that says, "I've done something I probably shouldn't have, but I really wanted to do it, so I'm fixing to talk my way out of trouble." (Randy uses the same routine!)
Gary: Hey Mom.
Annie: Hey Baby. What'cha doing?
G: Working on my four wheeler...(long sigh then look down to express frustration)
G: I'm trying to see what's wrong with it. My front left tire is leaking air and I KNOW I DON'T HAVE A HOLE IN IT!
A: How do you KNOW? (with increasing "interest" and "sympathy")
G: Because I ran over a tree and it didn't put a hole in my tire. I ran over the same tree with my right front tire and it's not leaking air, so I know that didn't put a hole in the left one! I got the compressor out so I can air up all my tires.
A: Did you? What else did you do?

This is what he was "up to" while Randy and I were at work and Mom was inside with Landon. Yes, this is the same jack that put a hole in his head (that required an E.R. trip) just a couple of months ago!

5 comments:

Beth said...

If the musician thing doesn't work out, I have no doubt Gary could make it as a mechanic!!!! HAHAHA

Haley said...

I'm sure this made his daddy VERY happy!

Tasha said...

Randy doesn't set very good examples for the boys does he, or maybe he does since Gary has picked up on how to sweet talk his way out of trouble!!!!

Amanda said...

Next time you guys make a trip to my work I'll see to it that we do CHOOSE stitches and needles to fix the injury...maybe that way Gary might be a little more cautious before using GROWN UP TOOLS without the GROWN UP (and by the way...Randy doesn't count as one of those)!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me so much of Randy. Like the day I came home and he had his go-cart in a thousand pieces to see "how it works"?!?!?