Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cardio lesson

Randy gave us all a bit of a cardio workout this weekend. Friday night, his heart went into a state of Atrial Fibrillation. Not knowing what that was, he waited until Saturday to go to the hospital. THANK YOU TASHA for getting/giving us super care and to AMANDA for making him go to the hospital in the first place!!! The cardiologist gave Randy i.v. meds Sat. and through the night, but decided to "shock" (electrical cardioversion) him Sunday morning when he didn't convert back to a normal heartbeat. We're home now and he's just tired, but very close to "good as new". I think these terms are correct. Needless to say, he made all of our hearts beat a little faster until this "thing" subsided. We give all the glory to God for his speedy recovery!!!!! Randy and I will be home tomorrow, give him a call if you want to chat.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/HaleyMassacre_/?action=view¤t=thheartuo4.gif

Amanda said...

There's a reason this stalker doesn't leave comments....It's obviously too difficult for me. I'll keep trying!

Amanda said...

It takes a village to raise "RANDY"... So glad he sensed my fear when I listened to his heart at the house Saturday morning. And glad (with my prodding) he actually went to the hospital in the midst of his nervous giggling! And last...glad the Lord guided Randy to my house and that I was able to get Randy to the hospital! Speaking of listening to the heart...this is just a brief reminder of how quickly things can "turn on a dime". We should all LISTEN TO OUR HEARTS a little more often! I love you guys!

Beth said...

Thank you Jesus!!!! Glad all is well!! I agree with Amanda -- WE SHOULD ALL LISTEN TO OUR HEARTS more often!! Leave it to Randy to keep everything going when things seem to possibly get a lil' boring or in most people's lives -- "NORMAL"!! LOL

Tasha said...

I did not do anything that you would not have done for me, that's what friends are for! Thank you Lord all is well, or as well as Randy can be! Randy, you should have never let me go with you while you were under sedation, I have plenty of black-mail. If yall need ANYTHING you know where to find me. Love yall!