Monday, May 14, 2007

Right of Passage

For any mothers that ever think "I wish I had boys", let me introduce you to our world. I watched How to Eat Fried Worms a couple of weeks ago with my three. Landon hasn't begun to worship the tv yet, but Randy and Gary were glued to the set! This movie should be required viewing for every mother that finds out she's going to have a bouncing baby boy, then by the father when the child reaches adolescence. For dads, it's quality entertainment, a flashback to his own youth, and good 'ole father-son bonding ; for the son, it's realistic good vs. evil, where 'good with a twist' ultimately triumphs; for mom, it's a right of passage, the in-your face reality that, boys are boys, period! I thought the glory of "Fried Worms" has passed until yesterday when I found one in the dirt, showed it to Gary, and heard this teeth clenching question, "Cool, Mom, can I eat it?". For a split second he got me and I screamed "NO!" I had fallen into his trap and he laughed hysterically. Even though my boys are indeed yucky filthy typical boys, I wouldn't trade them (worms and all) for the world!

1 comment:

Beth said...

AMEN! TO THAT!!!! I STARTED TO RENT THAT MOVIE THE OTHER DAY FOR MY BOYS!! I WILL DEFINITLY HAVE TO MAKE A TRIP BACK TO THE MOVIE STORE TO GET IT! I WOULDN'T TRADE MY BOYS IN FOR HAIRBOWS ANY DAY EITHER!!!