Friday, May 4, 2007

Brown Chicken

Being the EXTREMELY picky eater that he is, I often question Gary about his lunch if I haven't sent it to school that day. Last night he said, "We had a good lunch. It was chicken." I asked, "Chicken nuggets?" He thought a minute, "No...You know the kind of chicken that schools have, it looks like flat chicken strips, but when you bite it, the chicken inside is brown?" "Oh, yea, I know that kind!" I held my laughter until I was out of the room. I returned to ask him more about the "brown chicken." I revealed to him that indeed it wasn't chicken, but steak fingers. He gasped, smiled real big, and said, "I ate something healthy, and i liked it!!!!!!" I told him steak was packed with protein which makes big muscles...the shirt came off and he ran around the house bearing his muscles and grunting as loud as he could.

3 comments:

Haley said...

So glad to hear that it was in fact- steak and not "brown" chicken, that made me gag a bit!

Beth said...

EWWWW! CAN'T SAY THAT I BLAME HIM FOR NOT EATING THE SCHOOL LUNCH! I AM PROUD OF HIM FOR TRYING SOMETHING NEW! SURE BEATS HOTDOGS!!

Tasha said...

Are you really sure it was steak and not mystery meat?!