Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Monday

What, it's not Monday? My brain and body are sure acting like it is! I started out the morning with the goal of getting to work on time (because i rarely ever do). Dropped Gary off and the little girl in the car ahead of us got out dressed so cute! I couldn't imagine why, but kissed Gary and shooed him out of the car. On my way to work, I called my good friend Beth and she informed me it was Christmas Picture Day! Well, nothing I could do about it then, at least he was wearing a RED polo today instead of white. Not much variety in his school uniform drawer since he won't wear navy ANYTHING, it's a red or white polo and khaki shorts every day with the occasional Haughton Hoodie when it's cold. On to work... I was only 2 or 3 minutes late (success!) But when I walked in, all the lights were off. I'm NEVER the first one here, so it took me a minute to process...(loud gasp) "Oh, No, Sandra's not here today, I have to open the office!!!!" Run around flipping on lights and start the coffee. Only one had beat me here and he was pecking away at his computer and I don't know if he even noticed me (hope not...it was our pres!) Anyway, I finally got my day started and had this constant "itch" on my stomach. About 9:30 I realized that it was the tag scratching me from the pants that I had on BACKWARDS!!! Well, at least it's my favorite day of the week and I have choir practice tonight :) Things are looking up....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie,
I can relate to you about not knowing when it is picture time. Daniel never told me cause he didn't know. I would find picture notices, requests for mom's to bring cookies to class parties, etc, etc at the end of the school year. His teachers probably thought I was a terrible mother. Two years in a row, Daniel had on the same shirt in his school pictures. lol! CAUSE MOM DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS PICTURE TIME AND IT WAS OBVIOUS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WEAR UNIFORMS IN ROWLETT, TX!!!! He had on a blue plaid flannel shirt. Oh well maybe your two won't be as bad about those things as mine was.
Judy

Beth said...

Well, you were comforted by my storey of being BAD MAMA when you called yesterday! You can always purchase a small pack of pics and have this day to "smile" about! Like I said I would have never known myself had I not nosed around in Lane's backpack the night before! HA

Cathy Felicetty said...

I haven't read anyones blogs in forever! I am so behind. This "Monday" incident is SO you! I don't think it could happen to anyone but you. You poor thing! That is all too funny though. ha ha ha