Friday, November 7, 2008

Behold...the First Tree of Christmas!


Gary partied with Lane Weeks tonight (Happy Birthday Lane!) which left Landon and me some much needed "us" time. Since I had his undivided attention, I decided to put up his tree in his room. He chose to place it in front of the window, so "eddebody" can see it from outside. The white tree he picked out was a first for me, but turned out charming :) He squealed every time he hung an ornament that didn't fall off. His unadulterated excitement makes me want to put up a Christmas Tree every day of the year! Unfortunately, we're limited .... One down, three to go!
We started on the outside lights last weekend (Nov. 1st). The goal is to finish by Thanksgiving so we can turn them on that night. Thanks to our "day after Christmas" shopping trip last year, we're sure to give the Griswald's (or at least the Nelson's across the street) a run for their money!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH LANDON!!! What a beautiful Christmas tree!!!
Maw

Beth said...

You have definitely 1-uped me!! HAHA!! I just hope to have my house clean enough by Thanksgiving to decorate!!! Fa la la la la la la la!!!Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! We only have one tree at my house. If we had 3 we would have to move out. I always love the first signs of Christmas lights. My favorite time of year. Thanks, Judy J

Amanda said...

You've been reduced to "keeping up with the Jones' ugh...I mean the Nelson's! This could get interesting. I love to see the bridge covered in lights...do that next. Yeah for Landon! His tree is the greatest. Ella Grace would've enjoyed helping Landon with the decorations. Maybe he can help her with hers!

Tasha said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only crazy one who puts up more than one Christmas tree! Yes, I put a tree in every room! I love this time of year! Landon I love your tree!