Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reader Poll

Since my blog is suffering from a severe case of NO COMMENTS, today's perils gave me a perfect poll question to hopefully generate some feedback that I genuinely need...

Is there such a thing as being too nice?

This morning, Gary revealed to me that the Accelerated Reader books (he's required to read and test on at least 5 per week) that I spend HOURS searching for in the library, don't always get read...by him. Apparently, he lets his friends read them, then if he has time to read and test on them before it's time for me to return them to the library, he'll do so. Hel-lo? Also, he ended up at school without a belt somehow. Three times and he has to spend a day in GASP. He's already on the list two times, so this should be his last chance. No problem, though, I keep TWO extra belts in his backpack just for this reason. Guess what, he's loaned those out to friends so he was left at Randy's mercy. I hated to call and wake him, but I had no other choice. I am proud to have "the nice kid" but how nice is too nice and how do I teach HIM the difference?

3 comments:

Beth said...

My kid had his OWN belt today!! HAHAHA!! I would have brought him one though!! He has bailed Lane out a couple of times. You are spending to much time at the library. Lane reads like 10 books a weeks and he gets them ALL from school. THANK YOU GARY FOR BEING SOOO KIND!!! No matter what Yo' Momma thinks!!!!! HAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

You need to know he gtes it honest. His great great grandfather - Leon McLemore - Elizabeth and my father - gave away cars, and a house. His uncle John McLemore had a store in Wisner and essentially died broke because he let people have groceries in the depression knowing they could not pay for them. So don't be too hard on him.
Love Uncle David

Haley said...

Think of it this way... he could have much worse problems. Last I checked, being nice wasn't considered a "problem". If the faculty knows the circumstances they couldn't possibly get on to him. If they do, you just let me know! What a problem child you and Randy have raised!