Friday, January 9, 2009

Substitute Teacher & Mom

I'm not sure what's been going with Miss Candy this week, but each day Landon has insisted that she wasn't at school. He further insists that he was the teacher for the day. Their studies went as follows:
Monday, "I taught all the kids how to drive a trash truck today."
Tuesday, "I taught all the kids how to drive a motorcycle today."
Wednesday, "I taught all the kids how to drive a four-wheeler in the mud and not get stuck today."
Thursday, "I taught all the kids how to drive an airplane with holes in it today."
I can't wait to hear what kind of adventures Landon takes the class on today (Friday) and pray that Miss Candy gets to feeling better soon! Maybe he'll teach the kids how to fly that airplane that they drove yesterday :)

He's decided to take the reigns at home as well... Last night I told Gary to go brush his teeth no less that 20 times. He finally crawled up the stairs and yelled back, "I am!" to which Landon immediately screeched, "No you're not! I don't hear the water running!" It always surprises me when I open my mouth to say something, and the words come out someone elses mouth!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Landon taught them how to drive a train. He has had a busy week taking up the grownup's slack.

Mom

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Ms. Candy is to Landon as Ms. Fox was to you. Remember how you wanted to be a teacher like Ms.Fox?
Niya is my Landon around the house when I can't get my direction for the boys out quick enough she picks up my slack. I just wonder if I have that same sarcastic tone in my vioce the way she does?
Wendy

The Wilsons said...

Okay, I'm thinking...thinking....thinking... Miss Box! I do remember wanting to be just like her AND wanting her to be my step-mom!!! Why? I can't imagine b/c she spanked me everyday, I think! -lol I think kindergarten is the first and only time in my life that I've taken naps, or was supposed to; hence the daily spankings!
As far as the sarcasm, I'm afraid that they DO sound exactly us! Sometimes Gary turns my words on me and I think, "That sounds aweful, I've GOT to quit saying that!"
-Annie