Monday, January 19, 2009

Here...kitty kitty kitty

My copy-cat kid is getting pretty quick with his comments... The other night I was fighting Gary about eye drops, "Gary, tilt your head back so we can get it over with.." From down in the den we hear this little encouraging voice , "Yea-yeh, wike a big boy!" Randy, Gary, and I laughed till we cried. I think I'm remembering 3 as being my favorite age with Gary, as well. They begin to really grasp life and their imagination and communication skills explode. I guess as with most youngest children, you always think of them as babies, but Landon reminds us every single day, "Mommy, I'm still growin' and I'm gettin' big and I'm gonna be big as daddy!"

Speaking of big, we had a big fat stereotypical evening... Randy took Gary and Landon to see the monster trucks Saturday night (I admit that I like Monster Trucks too, but I wasn't invited this time). They had a fantastic time doing boy stuff. It gave me an opportunity to try out my new sewing machine. I made Landon a pair of pajama pants. I'm no seamstress...never even taken a sewing class...but once I figured out how to thread that stupid bobbin, things got to rolling. I had to rip out one of my seams 4 times, but I can guarantee you that I won't try sewing again without: checking the bobbin, attaching the foot, or lowering the foot. Each circumstance makes for a heck of a bird nest!!!! My challenge (challenge b/c Gary said "you can't do that!") now is to complete the shirt that came with the pants pattern..... If it ever gets finished, I'll post a pic.

No comments: