Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sleep Tight

Landon and I turned in WAY before Randy (no surprise) last night. Gary was outside somewhere with Colton, probably in the monster sized dog kennel out back that they've deemed their clubhouse. I awoke about 1:45 a.m. to take Landon to the bathroom and noticed the outside light on and the dog barking. I looked outside and there's a tent in the back yard! Randy told me the boys (Gary and Colton from across the street) wanted to camp out. Knowing they'd freeze to death and want to come in soon, I left them there. Skip to 7:00 a.m. Sat. morning. Landon pokes me in the forehead with an ice cold finger... "Mommy, where's Gary and Colton?" "Honey, they slept in the tent. They're outside." "No they're not!" "Well, then they're probably in Gary's room or at Colton's house." Doze off again... 10 minutes later, another cold poke in the forehead... "Mommy, they're not at Colton's house." "How do you know? Did you cross the street by yourself?!" "No." "Then how do you know they're not at Colton's house?" "Because I just know!" (He gets that "NEVER admit to your wrongdoing even when you're caught red-handed" thing from his daddy-their smile/charm somehow usually gets them out of trouble!!!!) I decided to get up when I heard the front door slam. Got downstairs in time to see Landon look both ways before crossing the street (point for him!). Called Tracy, "I'm missing 3 kids..." T: "I have one, but the other two are in yourbackyard!" "No they're not, Landon said they're gone." T: "I'll send Bailey (5 yr. old little sister) and Landon back to your house to look in the tent." The boys were there, just hid from Landon when he initially went out to look for them. I think they've all ventured back over to Colton & Bailey's house...I've got to get off this 'puter and take advantage of my free time to get ready for Souper Salad Saturday at church!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe after Souper Salad Saturday, you'll find time to finish taking down your Christmas Decor'.LOL!
Hope you have fun it sound like it would be. I think that is what I'll do around here on Saturday to go along with Meatloaf Monday, Taco Tuesday, and What Ever They Want Wednesday.
Wendy

Donna Kay said...

I swear, you're life could be a sit-dom!!! ...entitled...Me and the BOYS...I think I will call ABC now...o and BTW - quick phone trick!!!!!

Beth said...

TOOOO Funny! Landon and Noah would make quite a duo!!