Monday, December 15, 2008

There's nothing like the brutal honesty of a child! Yesterday, I sang a smidgen of a solo at church. When I sat back down, Gary told me, "Mom, that didn't sound like your voice coming out of the speakers...... it was good!" I'm hunting for a new "biggest fan" because my old one is working on a one-way trip to a foster home!!!!!
He also showed me up Saturday at the nursing home. I made him practice Saturday morning before we left and was honestly concerned that this was going to be his final performance. He hadn't practiced like he should have and it was evident. We got to Pilgrim Manor that afternoon and he, as cool as a cucumber, played "We Three Kings" like he's been doing it all his life! Way to go, Gar-Bear!!!!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Funny -- my mom and I were just talking about Matthew's ability to TOTALLY honest the other day as well. Remind me to share my storey sometime with you! HA

Anonymous said...

Well Annie, despite what your young un said, and by the way, that is a compliment from a child.....you sounded very good. Get ready for a whole song soon. Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

Gary is so much like you that we are surprised when Randy appears. Spoken like a true chip off the old block, and too funny.
Mom

The Wilsons said...

I think I like the "apple falling from the tree" idiom better than the "chip off the OLD block" one!!!
-Annie

Donna Kay said...

Well, Mom, it was a compliment - no matter how it came out!! To him, he was probably giving you the greatest of them all!!! You need to write a children's book!!! AT leaset keep making notes - so you have all these golden nuggest!!!