Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Light shines a little brighter today.

I was working on a project last night and kept coming back to this song (unfortunately a song isn't what I was searching for) but I want to share. I couldn't find James Stalder singing it with the FBC Haughton Praise Choir (which is the best version), but The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir runs a close second.
CLICK HERE for "The Light of that City"
After 106 years of life, Randy's great-grandmother, Hattie McLemore, was welcomed home yesterday morning by our Father with open arms proclaiming, "Well done my good and faithful servant." If I had to guess, I'd bet she's running up and down those streets of gold that Gary says gives the sky that amber glow that peeps through the clouds sometimes if you look real hard.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh Annie, and what a bright light it is!! Ethan Powell went home last night as well. I am so sorry for your families loss, but isn't their a party going on in heaven! Isn't it strange how even a song can speak to our hearts and deliver such a powerful message!
XOXO

Donna Kay said...

WOW!! what a song!! I will have to talk to our song director!!
So sorry to hear about Randy's grandmother - but she lived a long life and I 'm sure today she is much healthier and happy where she is.!!
I bet ya'll had a blast - how many came home broken?