Friday, February 1, 2008

Mommy's sweet dream : Daddy's worst nightmare

**Not for weak stomachs**

Randy had to 'babysit' last night while I enjoyed a 3 hour beauty shop appointment. His duties were to feed them and complete Gary's homework. Gary called me at 7:30 p.m. begging for hotdog buns because he was STARVING! I stopped at Brookshires to grab a few things and prepared myself to enter the male inhabited homestead. Randy was in the chair with his 'puter, Landon was laying upside down in his Elmo chair watching tv and Gary ran to meet me and help with the groceries. He stopped in the laundry room to warn me that "Daddy is in a bad mood because I didn't know all my spelling words, Landon pooped in his underwear, and Landon broke a new bottle of juice all over the floor." That child is wise beyond his years!!! Gary fixed his own hotdogs (he must've really been starving!) and Landon grabbed two from the package then handed me 1 1/2 and requested, "mommy, toot 'em". I popped his in the micro just long enough to take the chill out. While they ate, Randy explained that Landon had a nasty accident in his underwear and he, unknowingly, stuck both hands all the way in to check. (Mistake #1) Needless to say, it wasn't pretty!! *Lesson for all the fathers, only grab the tip top of the waistband and pull out real far so you can peek in before tackling accidents. You'll get burned with the touchy-feely method every time! The kids finished and Randy and I got our dog's cooked. While we ate, Landon came to Randy pointing to his neck saying, "My tummy hurts." Randy laughed it off b/c he didn't look or act like he was in pain. (Mistake #2) Landon climbed onto the chair beside Randy and said, "Daddy, I doe potty!!!!!" He wanted NOTHING to do with me, so I let the men do their thing. From the bathroom I heard, "OH [expletive sometimes meaning poopoo]!!!!!!" I laughed till I cried. As Gary used to say, "Landon had black water coming out of his booty!" and Randy had stuck both hands in AGAIN! (Mistake #3) By the time I got there, Randy was gagging, but Landon still wanted nothing to do with me. I tried my best to help them with the mess and we all called it a night. That had to be the best hair appointment I've ever had!

**Editor's note, if Randy weren't such a fantastic, hands-on father, I couldn't have found this to be so comical.

2 comments:

Beth said...

That is hilarious! I enjoy them getting a dose of "motherhood" from time to time! Makes them seem soooo much more appreciative the next time they go off galvanting around!!

Haley said...

He really is a "hands-on" dad! That's good for them to experience every now and then.