Friday, January 18, 2008

more school humor...kinda

Gary finally made it to the 50 point club WOO HOO!! Which essentially means that he's read and passed tests on about 100 books this school year. His reward was a pair of shoes he's had his eye on. On our way home from the mall last night, we were talking about his upcoming spelling test and other school related things. I asked him, "What is TOPS?" I had seen this on his class schedule from 8-8:30 a.m. He said, "Yea, what do you want to know?" So I repeated, "What is tops?" He explained that "Tops is a place where daddy likes to go and they sell trailers that you pull behind your truck and there's another tops next door that sells old timey clothes..like they wear in the desert..you know, horse clothes." About the time he finished, we passed Tops and he read the sign to me very patiently, "Tops Western World. There it is mom!" He was so confident with his explanation, I didn't have the heart to tell him what I was really talking about.

No comments: