Thursday, August 9, 2007

Little Big Blessings

Today, I received two little blessings that were very big, to me. I didn't even realize our internet failure at work was a blessing until I dove into Nehemiah (the 16th book of the old testament). Gevan outlined it last night and I made it about 1/2 way through today before our 'net was restored. Work called, but I became so interested, I'm getting ready to read the other half before I leave the office today. Blessing #2 - the cd changer in my car spit out my new choir cd. Last night, I tried to listen to a new cd of fall choir music. It skipped too bad to comprehend the words, so I tried to eject it. It got hung up just far enough out that I could see it, but couldn't reach it with tweezers to pull it out. That jammed the whole thing and Randy said I may lose all six of my cd's if someone had to tear into it and replace the radio. I decided to "let it ride" and today at lunch, I got in the car and there it was, ejected completely out. My car had been off and locked so the only one with access was The Man Upstairs! The other 5 cd's are unharmed and I enjoyed listening to "Praise Anthems" just a little more than usual on the ride back to work. Now, I've gotta go so I can finish my book!! Don't overlook the little blessings and don't assume that a burden (like no internet connection) is a curse. It's probably a blessing in disguise. Take the time to find your blessings that God sends your way every day!!!

No comments: